A brief introduction...

International discussions and queries, preferably in English. Deutsch wilkommen. Français bienvenu.

Moderátoři: zdespi, Moderátoři

Pravidla fóra
'bosh
Pokročilý
Pokročilý

Příspěvekod 'bosh » úte lis 08, 2005 11:48 pm

Here is the first draft, not very original, but...feel free to comment :):):)

The biggest Czech team in distributed computing under BOINC.

Our goal is (or our motto is): What...to contribute to worthy distributed project??? find ET (if we find them we will nuke them until they glow - little humor)??? help to demystify distributed computing??? etc...

What the hell is BOINC, you may ask...Well (maybe just a link will do):

BOINC lets you donate computing power to scientific research projects such as:

* Climateprediction.net: study climate change

* Einstein@home: search for gravitational signals emitted by pulsars

* LHC@home: improve the design of the CERN LHC particle accelerator

* Predictor@home: investigate protein-related diseases

* Rosetta@home: help researchers develop cures for human diseases

* SETI@home: Look for radio evidence of extraterrestrial life

* Cell Computing biomedical research (Japanese; requires nonstandard client software)

* World Community Grid: advance our knowledge of human disease.

To participate in a project, download and run BOINC software, then enter the project's URL.

You can participate in more than one project, and you control the fraction of your computing power that goes to each project. If you participate in several projects, your computer will be kept busy even when one project has no work.

So come and join our Czech National Team and share your thoughts with us, everybody is welcome. To make you feel at home we have setup and international section so that you may write in your own language and of course you are more then welcome to join or create mini-teams within the Czech National team. If you have any question with regards to any distributive project feel free to post in our forum. You may want to register here(link) before you can post.

Honza

Příspěvekod Honza » stř lis 09, 2005 1:05 am

very good, I think.

"The biggest Czech team in distributed computing under BOINC." - that's fine with me. I would like to see such a short description of CNT in Czech version as well :Honza_pray

"Our goal is"...to become even bigger? Hmm, need to think about it.

"What the hell is BOINC, you may ask...Well (maybe just a link will do):"

Yes, just a link. I would say that people already know what BOINC is or will read it somewhere else (well, not on CNT homepage).

"So come and join our Czech National Team and share your thoughts with us, everybody is welcome. To make you feel at home we have setup and international section so that you may write in your own language and of course you are more then welcome to join or create mini-teams within the Czech National team. If you have any question with regards to any distributive project feel free to post in our forum. You may want to register here(link) before you can post."

Good one - it says what CNT can offer. I would like to see a shorter version as CNT team description. Hope things will get moving again soon...
Naposledy upravil(a) Honza dne stř pro 14, 2005 10:00 am, celkem upraveno 1 x.

Duro Kotulic Bunta
Banánová odměna
Banánová odměna
Kontaktovat uživatele:

私たちの日

Příspěvekod Duro Kotulic Bunta » stř pro 14, 2005 3:16 am

私たちはBOINCの下の分散コンピューティングで最も大きいチェコのチームです。

BOINCは、いくつかの科学的調査プロジェクトへのコンピューティングパワーを寄贈するの

を可能にします:

* Climateprediction.net: 気候変動を研究します。

* Einstein@home : パルサーで放たれた重力の信号を検索します。

* LHC@home : CERN LHC粒子加速器の設計を改良します。

* Predictor@home : タンパク質関連の病気を調査します。

* Rosetta@home : 研究者が人間のかかる病気の療法を開発するのを助けます。

* SETI@home : 地球外生物に関するラジオ証拠を探します。

* cell computing βirth: (日本;、標準的でないクライアントソフトウェア)

* World Comunity Grid: 人間のかかる病気に関する私たちの知識を改良します。

プロジェクトに参加するために、BOINCソフトウェアをダウンロードして、そして、次に、プロジェクトのURLに入ってください。

あなたは1つ以上のプロジェクトに参加することができます、そして、あなたはそれぞれ突出しに行くコンピュータの処理能力について断片を制御することができ

ます。 あなたがいくつかのプロジェクトに参加するなら、1つのプロジェクトが仕事を全く持っていないと、あなたのコンピュータは忙しく保たれるでしょう。

したがって、私たちのチェコのナショナルアド チームに入ってください。考えを共有してください。みんなは歓迎されています。 私たちは国際的なセクションをセットアップします。あなたはあなた自身の言語で書くことができます。あなたは、チェコのナショナルアドチームの中にミニチームを入るか、または創設することができます. 何か質問がありましたら - あなたは私たちのフォーラムにそれを掲示することができます。

あなたは、[url=http://boinc.cz/forum/profile.php?mode=register&agreed=true]ここに[/url]を登録することができます。
[size=75][url=http://boinc.mundayweb.com/one/stats.php/userID:4904/.png]Podpis[/url]

Is it by logic that we prove, but by intuition that we discover. [J. H. Poincaré, mathematician (1854-1912)][/size]

'bosh
Pokročilý
Pokročilý

Příspěvekod 'bosh » stř pro 14, 2005 7:39 am

Yup, yup...but give me a day or two I'll fix the write up, I lost 2 disks (god darn Samsung - only lasted 3 months - I'll take Maxtor any day :) ...been running smoothly for years) and CD/DVD writers, so I have to fix this junk first...
Naposledy upravil(a) 'bosh dne stř pro 14, 2005 8:26 am, celkem upraveno 2 x.

'bosh
Pokročilý
Pokročilý

Příspěvekod 'bosh » stř pro 14, 2005 7:52 am

Where is your sence of humor guys, at least in the international forum - for our Motto - To meet ET in a pub over a large quantity of pilseners (Czech cultural thang) and (perhaps smokes) to discuss shortcumming and tribulations of distributed computing (here we can list all the projects - if needed). Honza, Duro, Trux, Forest, anybody - what do you think?

'bosh
Pokročilý
Pokročilý

Příspěvekod 'bosh » ned pro 18, 2005 8:10 am

Second draft - it's a bloody novel - your comments, feel free to format it with links (i did not say delete it) - i know Honza will kill me... :)

To meet ET in a pub over a large quantity of pilseners (Czech cultural thang) and (perhaps smokes) to discuss merit of distributed computing: http://boinc.berkeley.edu .

Naturally, we would ask ET to participate in our mini-teams, and join us in the international forum (what if their universal translator was not working) and perhaps provide insight on many topics from our inhouse experts in our forum - space elavator, music, ITER, astronomy, just to mention few. Share with us insights into optimized code (after all it was the Aliens that invented UNIX - honest - straight from the reliable source, just ask Bill). But off course, we would let Berkeley take the credit, the team would only keep the alien patents (for the mankind). (It is always good to show our human flaw - at least it worked for Shakespear.)

So come and join the biggest Czech team in distributed computing under BOINC - we are eager to here your comments and ideas (even if you are an Alien) - won't you!

Zpět na „International“