The biggest Czech team in distributed computing under BOINC.
Our goal is (or our motto is): What...to contribute to worthy distributed project??? find ET (if we find them we will nuke them until they glow - little humor)??? help to demystify distributed computing??? etc...
What the hell is BOINC, you may ask...Well (maybe just a link will do):
BOINC lets you donate computing power to scientific research projects such as:
* Climateprediction.net: study climate change
* Einstein@home: search for gravitational signals emitted by pulsars
* LHC@home: improve the design of the CERN LHC particle accelerator
* Predictor@home: investigate protein-related diseases
* Rosetta@home: help researchers develop cures for human diseases
* SETI@home: Look for radio evidence of extraterrestrial life
* Cell Computing biomedical research (Japanese; requires nonstandard client software)
* World Community Grid: advance our knowledge of human disease.
To participate in a project, download and run BOINC software, then enter the project's URL.
You can participate in more than one project, and you control the fraction of your computing power that goes to each project. If you participate in several projects, your computer will be kept busy even when one project has no work.
So come and join our Czech National Team and share your thoughts with us, everybody is welcome. To make you feel at home we have setup and international section so that you may write in your own language and of course you are more then welcome to join or create mini-teams within the Czech National team. If you have any question with regards to any distributive project feel free to post in our forum. You may want to register here(link) before you can post.